1. "Sunday Funnies (Halloween Mid-Term Election Edition)" Happy Halloween!
Representative Sample: It's a series of cartoons.
2. "Kaplan on the Other Muslims" Asian Muslims. Links to an interesting article.
Representative Sample: Whereas 20% of Muslims live in the Middle East, 60% are in Asia, according to the Pew Research Center. The Arab world plus Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan — the geographical summation of our own wars and trepidations — comprises 632 million Muslims. But in India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the southern Philippines, there are an additional 565 million Muslims.
3. "Biblical Halloween Costumes: It's time to take it back from the pagans!" If you need any last-minute costume ideas. 10 possibilities.
Representative Sample: Here are some costume ideas from the Bible.
4. "Dracula orchids and goblin spiders" Everyday is Halloween for these creatures.
Representative Sample: Dracula orchids tempt flies by masquerading as mushrooms. Goblin spiders lurk unseen in the world’s leaf litter. The natural world is often just as haunting as the macabre costumes worn on city streets.
5. "for some people, halloween never really ends…" Good point.
Representative Sample: the important thing to keep in mind is that while most of us see Halloween as a quick, fun escape from reality, there really are people who believe the stuff we mock and treat scary stories as fact.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.