Friday, November 21, 2008

Introduction

I comment quite a bit on some other blogs, so I figured I'd start my own. I'm in my 40s, married, have an 11 year old son, and am self-employed. My education includes a B.A. and an M.A. in history, and the completion of a PhD program specializing in military history. But I never finished my dissertation, and am no longer a professional student. Like many people blogging, I'm a political junkie. As the blog title suggests, I'm an atheist, although I am not hostile to religion & religious people, and come from a family background that could fairly be described as fundamentalist Christian.

I'm a Republican and usually vote for Republican candidates, although often only as the lesser of two evils. I'm a right-winger on foreign policy/defense/national security/economic policy, but much more libertarian on social issues. For example, I strongly supported the Iraq War.  I believe in American exceptionalism & the promotion of U.S. interests, and am largely skeptical of internationalism. But at the same time I'm pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, support the legalization of drugs, gambling & prostitution, and of course am an atheist. That should give you a basic idea of where I'm coming from. This blog will offer my opinion on a variety of issues, but mostly involving politics & current events. Please feel free to comment.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, This is an awesome blog.Continue to keep up the very good operate. I completely enjoyed reading your blog. This blog will be helpful for me. I just found your blog and want to say thank you ! What an enjoyable time looking through so many sites. It is really nice post thanks for sharing and just keep up the good work !

    Search Engine Marketing | 2012 NFL | Watch Live NFL

    ReplyDelete