1. "Cartoon Shows The Sick Joke That Is The UN" Exactly.
Representative Sample: It's a cartoon.
2. ""The Right Side of History"" A misleading phrase we've heard a lot recently. Links to another longer article.
Representative Sample: the concept of a "right side of history" in itself directs us towards policy decisions that are fundamentally ill-advised. It makes us believe in a linear concept of history in which outcomes are fundamentally pre-ordained.
3. "The Day After Reflections and Questions" Good questions and analysis.
Representative Sample: It isn't very often the US Navy has an aircraft carrier, a cruiser, and two of the largest destroyers on the planet and loses a battle, but that is what happened on Tuesday. Obviously there are reasons why it happened, but 4 Americans died - and that is the outcome. So lets start asking questions.
4. "Spiritual Life of An Atheist: Meaning from Materialism" A good response to a common misconception about atheism.
Representative Sample: The simple answer is that atheists by and large find meaning in the very same things that theists do–their family and friends, personal activities and accomplishments, contributions to their communities. None of these depends on a belief in a god or soul or superstition.
5. "Six Views of Truth" Pretty good. Diagrams how people view truth.
Representative Sample: It's a series of graphics.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.