1. "The Left's Fetish With Its Own Paranoid Hatred" Includes link to another excellent article.
Representative Sample: Sarah Palin no more "thrust" or "inserted" herself into the Tucson story than Richard Jewell forced himself into the spotlight after the Atlanta Olympics bombing.
2. "Censorship Overlords Strike Again...26 Years Later " The ludicrous extent of political correctness north of the border.
Representative Sample: Welcome to Canada. Home of hockey, Tim Hortons's donuts, the world's best beer, and the constant attack on free speech.
3. "Top Ten Things We Can't Say Anymore" Going with the left's theory that anything term or phrase in any way related to violence, regardless of it's context, might set of some lunatic -- as long as someone on the right is saying it of course. Left-wingers can use whatever rhetoric they want.
Representative Sample: According to the Dept. of Homeland Security the following words, phrases and idioms are henceforth verboten
4. "Your Daily Woo: What's Your Sign?" If those birth signs actually meant anything, how is it they can be arbitrarily changed?
Representative Sample: I love seeing people freak out that their Zodiac tattoos are now incorrect. Are you passionate or intelligent now? Are you compatible with an Aries or not?
5. "Anti-Gun Metaphor Congressman: Obama had to put on a "double barrel" effort last night" Uh oh. Alert the violent language police.
Representative Sample: Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) managed to inadvertently illustrate why his clarion call for political rhetoric free from such metaphors is both impractical and impossible.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.