1. "Obama: More government" Another good response to the SOTU.
Representative Sample: For a man with such big ears, Barack Obama sure cannot hear. He wants bigger government.
2. "This is the Most Important Story: Lebanon Burns; America Snores" Maybe so, but I'm not exactly sure what we can or should do about it.
Representative Sample: What do you think the rest of the region is going to take away from this? America cannot or will not protect you. Islamism and Iran are the wave of the future. Submit or die. And that's even before Tehran gets nuclear weapons. The way things are going, maybe Iran doesn't even need them.
3. "Public Education Needs Transparency & Competition, Not More Money" Understatement of the day. The last thing we should be spending more money on is public education.
Representative Sample: Watch this video to get an idea of why public K-12 education is the most unaccountable, least transparent government service in the nation
4. "Christopher Hitchens, Surrender of Reason" A good statement.
Representative Sample: It's a graphic.
5. "Why Should This Be A Big Deal?" Good question.
Representative Sample: Ohio says it's switching its lethal injection drug from a scarce anesthetic to one commonly used in surgery as a shortage of the drug normally used for executions has worsened.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.