1. "SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!" An on-target rant.
Representative Sample: it was certainly pointless (except as a means of cynical self-promotion, of course) for Jones to attempt to prove something everybody already knows anyway. But he’s done something else he himself may not have intended: he’s shone a light on the weak spot in the Western defense against the barbarians currently howling at the gates of civilization
2. "THE LAST ROUNDUP" Excellent analysis.
Representative Sample: The timidity of the media and the placing of blame for the horrific violence and mayhem going on now in Afghanistan brings up yet again what I consider to be a key issue in the decline of our culture: Western institutions no longer seem to be able to defend and stand up for the very fundamental ideas on which they are based
3. "Crisis in Côte d'Ivoire... Muslim Troops Massacre 1,000 Catholic Civilians... France intervening in Conflict... French Troops secure Airport" Media strangely reluctant to mention much about religion.
Representative Sample: Muslim Troops, followers of former prime minister and radical Islamist Alassane Ouattara, massacred 1,000 Christians, mostly men in the town of Duekoue, who were fleeing the fighting. They were attempting to reach a nearby Catholic Church for refuge.
4. "Efficacy of prayer questioned" I'll bet the people getting massacred in the story above might have questioned its efficacy.
Representative Sample: Francis Galton, a freelance statistician based in London, England, has his doubts. He's published an analysis in which he points out that many other widely-held beliefs have fallen by the way-side:
5. "Cat Bowling" On a lighter note.
Representative Sample: It's a video.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.