1. "Science Turns Authoritarian"" An interesting argument about why science has lost credibility with some people.
Representative Sample: science is not losing its credibility because people no longer like or believe in the idea of scientific discovery, but because science has taken on an authoritarian tone, and has let itself be co-opted by pressure groups who want the government to force people to change their behavior.
2. "Polling Conservative Bloggers On Race, Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, & False Accusations of Racism" Views from the right.
Representative Sample: Right Wing News emailed more than 260 right-of-center bloggers and asked them to answer 11 questions about race.
3. "Reading terrorists minds about imminent attack" A new form of lie detection.
Representative Sample: Imagine technology that allows you to get inside the mind of a terrorist to know how, when and where the next attack will occur.
4. "The Counselor, The Mosque, and the Burqa" Some good points
Representative Sample: I read with interest the news story about the young Christian woman who was blocked from a graduate school program in counseling because her religious scruples would prevent her from counseling gays.
5. "How Much Socialists Steal" A graphic breakdown of who pays taxes.
Representative Sample: It's a graphic
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.