1. "Declaration of Independence: A Fisking" A repost, but a good one.
Representative Sample: Jefferson provides no proof that there’s a “Creator,” much less that he’s endowed us with any rights, inalienable or otherwise. And, rather obviously, that’s untrue. One has to know very little history to realize that “Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness” is hardly Man’s natural condition. And the idea that “all men are created equal” is simply laughable on its face.
2. "100 Great Things About America" In no particular order.
Representative Sample: 19. Iced drinks When will the rest of the world figure this out?
3. "Iraqi Forces Capable, Confident as Drawdown Advances" Optimism on Iraq for a change.
Representative Sample: “From our foxhole, from here in U.S. Division North, the best way that I see it is that they are capable of handling the existing threat right now, which will buy them time to be able to work towards [handling] a larger threat to their country in the future.”
4. "Democrat Proposes Internet Sales Tax" When tax & spend is a critical part of your political outlook, there is always a need for more money.
Representative Sample: someone tell me how the Democrats are for the “little guy” and how they really care about the middle class. They care alright. They care about all of the money we have to fork over to them every year.
5. "The World's Worst Theme Parks" If you are looking to vacation at someplace different.
Representative Sample: Step back into the halcyon days of Stalinism, experience the joys of Gulag life, immerse yourself in the warm embrace of totalitarianism -- and when you get a bit peckish, enjoy a tasty meal of "Nostalgija" borscht, "Deer's Eye" cocktail, and "Reminiscence" starch jelly in the cafe.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.