1. "Who Are Your Favorite Founders?" Happy Fourth of July.
Representative Sample: we asked: What Founder is either your favorite or one who you think deserves more credit for his or her contributions to America?
2. "If the U.S. Won’t Drill Oil Offshore, Other Nations Will" All too true.
Representative Sample: if the United States commits to bypassing offshore drilling at depths greater than 500 feet, we will be cutting off our collective noses to spite our collective face. Spain, China, Venezuela and other nations will continue to exploit potential reserves of fossil fuels, wherever they may be found.
3. "The Great American Contradiction" Food for thought.
Representative Sample: As the 4th of July approaches, people on both sides of the political spectrum raise cans of Coors Lite to toast ‘life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness’ - however I fear they're completely oblivious to the fact that modern American politics completely contradicts this supposedly sacred principle.
4. "Sin Tax Is Counterproductive" Good points.
Representative Sample: I oppose, for the most part, what most people refer to as the “Sin Tax”. I mean that extra fee besides sales tax that is tacked onto things deemed “sinful” like cigarettes and alcohol.
5. "Things About Non-Christians (According to a Christian)" Common Christian assumptions about non-Christians. Any non-believer has encountered some or all of these attitudes.
Representative Sample: Don’t assume you know the person. At all. Don’t assume they are broken or sad “deep down inside”, know nothing about the Bible, have never been to church, etc.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.