1. "In response to Steve Walt" With Bush back in the news, there has been another flare-up among Bush Derangement Syndrome sufferers. This article does a nice, concise job of debunking Walt's BDS-infused analysis of the Bush presidency.
Representative Sample: my fellow Foreign Policy blogger attempts to blame Bush for just about everything that went wrong in the last decade, while crediting Bush with nothing that went right. One suspects that Walt might even hold Bush responsible for the Texas Rangers' recent loss in the World Series
2. "Food Nazis Invade PA Schools" The war on sugar.
Representative Sample: Just when you thought it was safe to enter a Pennsylvania public school, the food Nazis have goose stepped in. It’s a veritable assault on sugar. It’s a blitzkrieg on baked goods.
3. "Did CAIR Tip Its Hand in Oklahoma?" It tipped it's hand long ago, but for some reason many still like to pretend that it's a legitimate representative organization for Muslim-Americans.
Representative Sample: why is CAIR so quick to jump to the defense of shariah law in the US? After all, this is supposedly a "moderate" organization, right? Never mind their roots back to the Muslim Brotherhood (another organization that claims to be "moderate", but is also the parent organization of Hizbollah, Hamas and even Al-Qaeda.) The bottom line is that CAIR is now in the position of going through legal contortions to defend the idea of shariah law in America.
4. "India Aims High With Satellite Technology" A new military power in space?
Representative Sample: A number of Indian-built military satellites with surveillance, imaging and navigation capabilities are planned for launch in the next few years, to both keep “a watch on the neighborhood and help guide cruise missiles” should the need emerge
5. "Astronomers find giant, previously unseen structure in our galaxy" Speaking of space... a new discovery.
Representative Sample: NASA’s Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope has unveiled a previously unseen structure centered in the Milky Way — a finding likened in terms of scale to the discovery of a new continent on Earth.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.