1. "POST-COLONIAL, POSTMODERN CULTURAL RELATIVISTS AND THE ANTI-FEMINIST, ANTI-FREEDOM AGENDA THEY PROMOTE" Too long of a title, but a good article.
Representative Sample: In "The Feminist Politics of Islamic Misogyny", Phyllis Chesler offers a cogent explanation of why today's leftist feminists turn a blind eye toward the treatment of women under Islam
2. "Government's New Mission: To Boldly Go — Nowhere" The primary mission of government agencies is bigger government.
Representative Sample: Mission-scope creep, familiar to many within the Washington area, is little known outside the Beltway, but is the cause for much of the federal government’s ancillary spending. Within government agencies, the core mission is often complicated and difficult to achieve. Over time, some federal agencies have shifted their employee’s efforts to areas that, while personally rewarding to federal employees, do little to advance the agency’s core mission.
3. "Boy Gamers Less Likely to Toke, Girl Gamers More Likely to Brawl" New study on the impact of video games and the different effects on boys and girls.
Representative Sample: A cross-sectional survey of over 4,000 high school students appeared to show a split in how playing videogames might impact boys versus girls.
4. "What do you do with dumb debates?" Sometimes the idea is just radical as opposed to dumb, but otherwise these are good points.
Representative Sample: If there's a crisis somewhere, inevitably someone will suggest the use of force even if it's wildly inappropriate, and someone else will suggest that the United States just withdraw its influence completely and immediately, even if it's wildly impractical. If it's dumb, it goes on Page One!
5. "Castro’s America-Trashing Talking Points Sound Like MSNBC" Completely unsurprising if you pay attention to the left.
Representative Sample: If there’s one thing I learned in life, it’s that when a despicable character actually shares your opinion, it might be time to reevaluate said opinion.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.