1. "Another Homeland Security Overreach: DHS Starts Seizing Websites" Homeland security = protecting us from copyright infringement.
Representative Sample: In the aftermath of 9-11, when the creation of DHS was being debated, would your opinion have been swayed if you knew that, within just a few years, the proposed agency would be seizing websites peddling fake purses?
2. "The Law of Unintended (But Wholly Predictable) Consequences: Medicare Cuts Edition" Thiings we didn't need to worry about in the rush to cram a health care bill down our throats.
Representative Sample: So now that we passed it, and we are beginning to see what is in it, how does it look? Do you think maybe we should have figure out what was in it, before we passed it?
3. "The Next Provocation" Waiting for what North Korea will do next.
Representative Sample: there are signs that Pyongyang may be preparing to up the ante once again, by conducting the nation's third nuclear test. Preparations at North Korea's primary test site were reportedly underway in late October, and were continuing a "brisk pace" as recently as last week.
4. "Robots to rescue wounded on battlefield" The rapid advances in robotics are pretty amazing.
Representative Sample: The BEAR can be controlled remotely by a motion-capture glove or specially-equipped rifle grip. A warfighter could use the equipment to guide the robot to recover a wounded Soldier and bring him or her back to where a combat medic could safely conduct an initial assessment.
5. "The dreaded Alpacalypse!!" Beware.
Representative Sample: It's a graphic.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.