1. "This is the FRAME that wins 2012" A winning message.
Representative Sample: This “frame” (see Lakoff and Overton Window) articulates the central message that all Republicans, conservative Democrats, the Tea Parties/Patriots, as well as the think tank types should be shouting from the hilltops.
2. "Why It Can't Be Sarah Palin" Speaking of 2012. Naturally this post produced immediate outrage from Palin worshipers in the comments.
Representative Sample: she cannot and must not be considered a strong candidate for the GOP nomination in 2012. When I say that, I don't mean it would be impossible for her to be nominated, but rather that it would be a major mistake.
3. "Muslims furious over life conviction for MP stabber" Why many people have negative views of Islam and Muslims: reason #89897274612
Representative Sample: I know that there are plenty of Muslims who condemn this type of violence, but can you not see why everyone in Europe is flipping out over similar problems? Your co-religionists are acting insane, and it’s only getting worse.
4. "Knowing our enemies. Do you think Obama didn't know this would happen?" Anti-Americanism at the UN abetted by leftist U.S. groups.
Representative Sample: Representatives from 47 nations are set to gather Friday in Geneva for a meeting of the United Nations Human Rights Council with plans to address the human rights abuses of one country in particular: the United States of America. Joining in the airing of grievances against the U.S. are various left-wing interest groups and American labor unions.
5. "Unintended Consequences of the War on Drugs" The ever changing development of new drugs which are not yet illegal.
Representative Sample: Florida’s Lieutenant Governor Jeff Kottkamp wrote an op-ed reporting that a drug known as “Spice” is becoming “… a nightmare for law enforcement, because it is sold and used openly as a so-called legal alternative to marijuana. Currently, there is no way to test for the use of Spice — making it that much more attractive to would-be users.”
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.