1. "“Job-Killing Environmentalists”" For all the talk about so-called "green jobs," job-killing environmentalists seem to outnumber job-creating ones by a wide margin. Links to a good article.
Representative Sample: Jon Basil Utley lays out “eight areas where the environmental extremists hope to wreak havoc on the American economy.” Behold just how tightly the bureaucratic fourth estate controls and constrains business and industry, creating precisely the kind of centralized control economy we sometimes pretend we’re forestalling
2. "Allah does not exist, and Mohammed was a fraud" PZ Myers is well on the left politically, but as I've highlighted before, he's one prominent atheist not afraid to speak out against Islam and be just as offensive to Muslims as to Christians. I think that's worth noting.
Representative Sample:Walid Husayin has been writing an atheist blog, anonymously, in Palestine. He also mocked gods on Facebook. Now he's been caught — he was spotted posting heretical words on his computer in an internet cafe — and people are very unhappy with him.
3. "Somali Pirates Refuse to Board Carnival Cruise Ships" On a lighter note.
Representative Sample: In yet another public relations setback for the beleaguered cruise ship company, Somali pirates today said they would no longer board Carnival Cruise ships, citing “unsafe working conditions.”
4. "10 Weapons Of The Future That Are Being Developed Right Now " Links to an interesting article.
Representative Sample: The XM-25 is capable of firing up to 25 grenades at any distance that can be predetermined and programmed by the user. This new weapon combines the capabilities of both a gun and a computer in one
5. "“Common Sense Atheism” explained in one cartoon" I like it.
Representative Sample: It's a cartoon.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.