1. "Wikileaks Completes Obama's Transformation Into Jimmy Carter" Impotence against repeated attacks.
Representative Sample: The Wikileaks folks trot the globe with impunity and funnel documents to the press at will, for the purpose of damaging U.S. relations with other countries, our war efforts, and our intelligence capability. And we do almost nothing about it.
2. "Wikileaks as a Foreign Terrorist Organization" Further discussion about this legal option for retaliating against Wikileaks.
Representative Sample: I am hearing from sources tonight that the letter by Rep Peter King is being taken quite seriously by the leadership in the State Department and the Justice Department, and this is an "all hands on deck" evolution at State to come up with options as of Monday morning.
3. "Libs call for — wait for it — cuts in defense" What else is new? Spend more on everything else and cut defense. That's been liberal policy since Vietnam.
Representative Sample: Never mind that two-thirds of the budget is entitlements — we must cut defense and soak the rich.
4. "Maritime Security: US Navy Using ‘Q-Ships’ And Somalis Guilty Of Piracy In Historic Trial" I, along with a number of others, advocated using Q ships against Somalia pirates. Apparently the U.S. is doing so. Now if only we'd also start executing pirates and destroying their bases.
Representative Sample: the target this time was the U.S. guided missile frigate Nicholas, disguised to resemble a cargo ship. Navy gunners fired back, and by dawn, commandos had captured five Somalis.
5. "Where is the lefty outrage?" Left only concerned about exposure of U.S. secrets if the exposure can be used for political purposes against Republicans. Otherwise, it's a good thing or something to be downplayed.
Representative Sample: Remember the lefty “outrage” over the outing of Valerie Plame? Remember how the New York Times reported on the “outrage” for months and months?
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.