1. "Democrats Will Never Learn" The same excuses every time they lose.
Representative Sample: admitting the truth would mean they’d have to admit their progressive policies have been roundly rejected by the American people. We can’t have that, now, can we? So they’re blaming it on us, the unwashed masses who are simply too stupid to comprehend all the good things they’re doing for us.
2. "Examining the Lefty delusion" An amusing and pretty accurate translation of how a typical leftist interprets something Sarah Palin says.
Representative Sample: Their brains, such as they are, have no alternative but to attempt a workaround, to shield them from the conflict with observable reality that sunders them irrevocably from all reason. I thought it might be fun to try to conjure up an idea of what that workaround might look like, and compare it to what sane people know to be true.
3. "Can Atheism Be Proven Wrong?" Of course it could be. In my opinion this is an idiotic question. And those claiming that it can't be are every bit as clueless as religious true believers. Despite that, this is a good article, as are most on atheism by this writer.
Representative Sample: The debate revolves around whether there's any possible evidence that could convince atheists to change their minds... and if not, whether that makes their atheism an unshakable article of faith rather than a reasonable, evidence-based conclusion.
4. "Top Ten Points of Wisdom" These are pretty good.
Representative Sample: Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200.00, and a substantial tax cut saves you $30.00?
5. "Tough luck Chuck or why its hard to go into business " Government interference. Includes video.
Representative Sample: One of the hallmarks of a third world country is how difficult these governments make it to open businesses legally. The regulatory maze is one geared to those who are well off and educated. It costs a lot of money to maneuver that labyrinth of regulations and it is not cheap. Regulations thus tend to weed out out the poor and least educated, who often make great entrepreneurs regardless of those factors.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.