1. "10 Words and Phrases Republicans Should Never Use Again" Interesting list.
Representative Sample: 7) Affordable Housing - If someone buys a house in the free market, by definition it is affordable.
2. "Celebrate Free Speech While it Lasts!" The virtues of speaking out.
Representative Sample: “free speech” cannot be controlled or it is not “free” at all. And we in America have for too long engaged in self-censorship in favor of “niceness.”
3. "China hits out at Philippine bill on Spratly claims" One of the many conflicting territorial claims sitting out there like a time bomb.
4. "Mystery in the desert" What are the Syrians up to?
Representative Sample: IAEA inspectors are finding traces of graphite and uranium at a site alleged to have been a nuclear facility
5. "Eric Holder's "Race" to the Bottom" Being obsessed with race and talking about it constantly is the obvious answer to improved race relations. Well, at least the new AG seems to think so.
Representative Sample: Mr. Holder (did you know he is a black man?) hasn't considered the possibility that we average Americans don't talk much about race because we don't think about race... because we are not racists.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.