1. "The Obligatory Stimulus Quote Post, Part II" A variety of quotes from differing viewpoints about the stimulus.
Representative Sample: I don't even know how many Democrats will vote for it, as it stands today. -Sen. Ben Nelson (D-NE)
2. "The Soft Landing" Where do new unbelievers come from, and what are the implications for the future?
Representative Sample: atheists should team up with moderate believers - whenever and wherever they're willing to work with us - to oppose destructive fundamentalism.
3. "Welcome Back Carter" A younger, blacker version of Jimmy?
4. "The Davos Downer" A look at a survey of how corporate CEOs view the current economic climate.
Representative Sample: the survey of corporate CEOs is rather telling.
5. "How Can You Fix It, If You Don’t Know What Is Broken?" Good question.
Representative Sample: I don’t see any evidence that any of the 535 members of Congress really have a clue what’s happened, much less why.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.