1. "A Bit of Realism Please?" With all the sympathy for Haiti, it takes guts to make this argument -- even though he's right.
Representative Sample: We have far more pressing problems at the moment and the government has no business wasting Americans’ money on a tiny country of no value to us that has essentially no chance of recovery.
2. "Who Designed the Designer?"An atheist attacks a common atheist debating point.
Representative Sample: Today I want to kill one of atheism’s sacred cows. I want to kill one of atheism’s most popular and resilient retorts.
3. "Winning Already"A positive outlook on Afghanistan.
Representative Sample: I've always been puzzled by level of worry that even war supporters express over our chances for victory in Afghanistan.
4. "Another way our world is changing, while we pay attention to trivial things…" Our brains and technology.
Representative Sample: We have no idea the effect on the deveopment of personality and consciousness of having music piped into one’s ears many hours per day. We’re performing the experiment, the results of which might prove surprising (for good or, more likely, ill).
5. "Using nanotech to attack cancer" I remember when this kind of thing was only in science fiction. Links to an interesting article.
Representative Sample: Researchers at the National Cancer Institute’s Centers of Cancer Nanotechnology Excellence have developed a “cocktail” of two different nanometer-sized particles that work in concert within the bloodstream to locate, adhere to and kill cancerous tumors.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.