1. "Leftist ideology cannot solve the nation’s unemployment crisis" But it can make things worse.
Representative Sample:Creating or saving jobs is an elusive goal for this administration because it is blinded by its ideology. There really is no mystery about how to create jobs; it’s just that the way to do it challenges the basic tenets of American liberalism.
2. "Obama In Trouble, Panders To Middle Class" That pretty much nails it.
Representative Sample:Obama is in trouble a year and a week into his term and he is pandering to the middle class to try and soothe their fears. The Brown victory in Massachusetts was a wake up call and Obama knows he must appease the minions by giving them trinkets or his party will be in very serious trouble come November.
3. "The march of technology brings “The Forty-Year Drone War”" The future of drone warfare?
Representative Sample: new technology affects both the nature of war — and the societies that use them. Today we have taken a large step into the future by deploying unmanned aerial vehicles as flying assassins. We can make only two guesses as to the consequences.
4. "Is there an inherent basic sense of morality shared by all humans?"A look at an interesting new book.
Representative Sample: One of the central claims of nearly all religions is that one cannot be moral without the aid of the religions and some even claim that religions are even the sole source of morality in societies. Evolutionary biologist Marc D. Hauser tackles head on these assumptions in his fine book called “Moral Minds: How Nature Designed Our Universal Sense of Right & Wrong”.
5. "Fear the Boom and Bust: A Hayek vs. Keynes Rap" Economics rap duel.
Representative Sample: It's a video.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.