1. "Free Advice, Mr. President" Good advice.
Representative Sample:This is a center-right nation, not a social democratic one on the European plan. The social democratic governance isn’t going to sell well here. I know. This is NOT what you wanted to hear. But it’s what some of us have been trying to tell you
2. "ACOGs and Idiots" I think the military should have taken note and requested verse-free sights, given the constant anti-American propaganda that we are at war with Islam, crusaders, etc. But overall, the post debunks a lot of the nonsense and overreaction surrounding this issue.
Representative Sample: If anyone honestly thinks that tiny print passively notated on the side of a military weapon's sight is equivalent to exhorting people to convert, then they need their tiny minds examined.
3. "16 Sexiest Female Atheists (with pics, of course)" I'm not sure how I missed this post before.
Representative Sample: It's a series of photos.
4. "A Really Hard Test Really Helps Learning" Something students will no doubt be thrilled to hear.
Representative Sample: the widely held belief that testing serves no purpose other than assessing performance is built on a similar misconception. In reality, testing — whether self-testing or testing in the classroom — can, under the right conditions, better promote learning than can studying.
5. "15 Interesting Facts about Dreams" Some of these don't actually qualify as facts, but it's still an interesting list.
Representative Sample:The most common emotion experienced in dreams is anxiety. Negative emotions are more common than positive ones.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.