1. "War Termination: More Messy?" Don't look for clear ends to our wars.
Representative Sample: decisive wars that provide definite resolution are rare for the simple reason that the given victory must be both overwhelming and psychologically and ideologically shocking to deprive an adversary of the will to continue.
2. "Uncle Sam: Baby Daddy" Now the government is going to provide kids not just with lunches, but dinners too.
Representative Sample: If you want to make the poor miserable, make government their Baby Daddy.
3. "are we born with a sense of right and wrong?" It seems like "right and wrong" is a bit of an overstatement, but the latest research is interesting.
Representative Sample: Contrary to some popular beliefs, a baby’s mind isn’t just an empty canvas waiting to be painted. Instead, their little minds are busy making sense of the world around them and their instincts are advanced enough to start distinguishing fair and unfair, which seems to be an evolutionary basis for more complex concepts in morality and ethics.
4. "Picture This: The U.S. Army Marches on Red Square" An amazing sight for those of us who grew up during the Cold War.
Representative Sample: this year’s military parade in Red Square is particularly unusual: It’s the first time active-duty U.S. troops have been invited to march in the ceremony. Pictured here are soldiers of Co. C, 2nd Battalion, 18th Infantry Regiment, part of the 170th Brigade Combat Team, in front of St. Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow
5. "Lord Jesus Christ hit by car in Massachusetts" Really.
Representative Sample: Christ, who lives in Belchertown, was taken to the hospital after being hit in a downtown crosswalk. He was struck by a 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by 20-year-old Brittany Cantarella and suffered minor facial injuries.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.