1. "A Hidden History of Evil" translate and study the Soviet archives.
Representative Sample: the world exhibits a perilous failure to acknowledge the monstrous history of Communism. These documents should be translated. They should be housed in a reputable library, properly cataloged, and carefully assessed by scholars. Above all, they should be well-known to a public that seems to have forgotten what the Soviet Union was really about.
2. "The man who endlessly pontificates on every topic imaginable strangely silent on Iran's new partnership with Al Qaeda" That might get in the way of appeasment.
Representative Sample: on the subject of the stunning revelation that Iran is assisting Al Qaeda -- the same group that killed 3,000 innocent Americans -- the administration is mum, two months after the news first broke.
3. "Arlen Specter, Then and Now" His sole principle is retaining power. With video.
Representative Sample: I'm looking forward to watching, even if from a distance, a Sestak vs. Toomey race in Pennsylvania for the U.S. Senate. Whatever my disagreements with each of them, both seem to have actual convictions and beliefs that go beyond winning just another term in office
4. "Studying science doesn't make you an atheist... but studying literature does!" I'm skeptical that this correlation equals causation... but still interesting.
Representative Sample: humanities and social sciences, much more than biological and mathematical sciences, challenge you to imagine the world though the eyes of others. And this exercise in imagination undercuts religious dogma far more effectively than any science lesson can
5. "Great News: Ground Zero Mega-Mosque Runs Into Funding Problems" So far the usual suspects, such as the Saudis, haven't come up with the money.
Representative Sample:The ridiculous proposal to build an in-your-face mosque right by Ground Zero in Lower Manhattan is not only running into a lot of opposition, but it apparently isn't backed by any money.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.