1. "Obama's Hackneyed Hypocrisy"An outstanding takedown of Obama's latest.
Representative Sample:Barack Obama posing as the representative of the people against the powerful is like Tiger Woods feigning virginity while crusading against promiscuity.
2. "The Coming Mideast War?" Let's hope not, but unfortunately a more realistic prospect than any so-called "peace process."
Representative Sample: Daniel Jackson, a rabbi who lives in Israel, has been traveling around the country and talking with young men and women who are either in the service or recently out of the service
3. "It's time for these 'no-knock' SWAT raids to stop" I agree. Links to the latest incident.
Representative Sample: Those identifying as “libertarian” and “very conservative” were the most knowledgeable about basic economics. Those identifying as “Progressive” and “Liberal” were the worst.
4. "Atheists are “vincibly ignorant”"A good response to a pretty ignorant post attacking atheists.
Representative Sample: For much of the history of the West there were strong social sanctions against public expressions of atheism. And quite often the sanctions were not simply matters of ostracism, they were of capital consequence. The last person executed in the British Isles for atheism suffered such a punishment around ~1700
5. "Japan’s Carrier-Killing Missile to Deter China?" As China's naval power grows, Japan reacts.
Representative Sample:The XASM-3 represents a quantum leap in maritime firepower for the Japanese Self-Defense Force. The predecessor to the XASM-3, the ASM-2, first came into service in 1998. Development of the new missile apparently started in the early 2000s. Japan tends to replace weapons systems fairly quickly, but that is a very short turnaround.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.