1. "Will Liberals Ever Get that Right-Wing Violence They Hope For?" Hopefully not.
Representative Sample:Don’t lose hope, liberals; one of these days you’ll get that terror attack that fits your agenda. I mean, there are like a hundred million conservatives in this country; eventually one of them has to do something violent. Then you can be like, “See! We have to stop listening to any of the conservative agenda because it causes violence!
2. "Why Aren't There More Terrorist Attacks?" Some reasons, although one of the big ones - counterterrorism efforts that break up plots -- is missing.
Representative Sample: why aren't there more terrorist attacks like the failed car bomb in New York's Times Square? Or the terrorist shootings in Mumbai? Or the Moscow subway bombings? After the enormous horror and tragedy of 9/11, why have the past eight years been so safe in the U.S.?
3. "Erooups: 50 Most Popular Women On The Web" Has a link to the list. Some might not be what you expect.
Representative Sample: It's a series of photos.
4. "A thousand trillion suns" Pretty amazing.
Representative Sample: The image is dominated by Abell 315, a cluster of galaxies located two billion light years away. It’s a sprawling city of galaxies, hundreds of island universes bound by their mutual gravity. If each has 100 billion stars — a fair guess — then there are trillions of stars visible here in a glance… and that’s dwarfed, crushed, by the other galaxies scattered in this cosmic portrait.
5. "Translations Pathways" Things to consider when examining a book such as the Bible.
Representative Sample: this is how I am envisioning how the thoughts of ancient writers reach modern consumers.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.