1. "Don’t Look To Generals To Revitalize the GOP" Shooting down suggestions about Petraeus for president.
Representative Sample: Republicans need to get real about 2012. Assuming no huge change in the world situation – a big assumption – we need a truly conservative candidate who is fully and unambiguously committed to the free market, to traditional values, and to a small, limited government. We need to work on leaders who will lead us where we want to go, and not pin our hopes for salvation on a true American hero who may not be quite as conservative as we imagine him to be.
2. "Somalia: Pirates Vs. Islamists–A Dispute Over Business" Bad on bad. Hopefully they'll kill as many of each other as possible.
Representative Sample: Shabab has their ports, and Hizbul Islam wants their ports. It totally makes business sense, and strategic sense, if they want to capitalize on all the piracy related operations going on out there.
3. "Reshaping the Catholic Church" The future is Africa & Latin America?
Representative Sample: while the church will survive these widespread scandals, it will probably end up being reshaped by them. In particular, Jenkins suggests that the abuse scandals will hasten a shift in the church's power from Europe to Africa and Latin America.
4. "As if we didn’t have enough to worry about already" A terrifying new weapon.
Representative Sample: Homeopathic bombs are comprised of 99.9% water but contain the merest trace element of explosive. The solution is then repeatedly diluted so as to leave only the memory of the explosive in the water molecules. According to the laws of homeopathy, the more that the water is diluted, the more powerful the bomb becomes.
5. "Little Kitten – Darth Vader Does Voice-Over For Tom-Tom GPS" Pretty funny.
Representative Sample: It's a video.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.