1. "The Gulf Oil Spill Is All Your Fault" And the government reaction may be worse than the spill.
Representative Sample: With no industry or investigative experience, nor freedom from major conflicts of interest, or impartiality given their recent public statements, a bunch of eggheads and envirowhacktards are going to pour sugar into our nation’s economic gas tank as we’re on the cusp of another credit crisis. Note, I’m not saying double-dip recession because that implies that we ever rose out of the first one.
2. "Taking Israel’s Side" Some excellent points by fellow non-believer on the right, John Derbyshire.
Representative Sample: It remains the case that any fair-minded person must be an Israel sympathizer. A hundred years ago there were Jews and Arabs living in that part of the Ottoman Empire. After the Ottoman collapse both peoples had a right to set up their own ethnostates. It has been the furiously intransigent Arab denial of this fact, not anything Israelis have done, that has been the root cause of all subsequent troubles.
3. "Is Amphibious Warfare Obsolete?" The short answer is no.
Representative Sample: In reality the littoral areas of the world have become more important to the West than ever before. From the Taiwan Straits to the Persian Gulf great littorals of the world are more vital than ever.
4. "Israel Versus Iran Betting Pool" Place your bet on the results of a possible Israeli strike.
Representative Sample: What will Iran claim was hit? Will the Evil Zionists™ destroy another Baby Milk Factory? An Orphanage? Or much worse, an Iranian Center for Religious Tolerance?
5. "The things I cannot do" A thoughtful post inspired by a difficult personal situation.
Representative Sample: Prayer is something Christians do. I don’t think about it much. If I am in a situation where prayer is necessary, I choose respectful silence. It goes along with my live and let live philosophy. I don’t care about what other people do as long as the don’t compel me to participate or try to legislate their beliefs.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.