1. "Obama Adopting A “Spend Until We’re Broke” Approach To Economic Recovery" When you think big government is the solution to all problems, that requires constant spending.
Representative Sample: What Obama is doing, frankly, is pushing for the appearance of short-term economic recovery that’s brought on by dumping huge sums of government money (borrowed from our international creditors) into the economy.
2. "Let's drill where it's safer" That makes too much sense.
Representative Sample:If the administration were truly concerned with limiting drilling to where it is safer, then they would drop their ideologically-motivated opposition to drilling closer to shore. It would be a lot safer and recovery from accidents would be a lot easier.
3. "Natalie Haynes on Agnosticism" Some excellent points.
Representative Sample: atheism need not be a definite position. Atheism is about belief, not knowledge. So one can be agnostic atheist, meaning one doesn’t claim to know whether or not gods exist, but one doesn’t believe gods exist.
4. "The Changing Role of the US Secretary of State" Interesting analysis, and an angle I had really thought about.
Representative Sample:the profile of the Secretary of State has recently undergone a silent revolution, a far-reaching overhaul of the profile that has been silently accepted by both Democrats and Republicans.
5. "Despite Ban, Guns Increase in China"Links an article in Asia Times.
Representative Sample: If a totalitarian government which has banned gun ownership since 1966 can’t keep guns out of the hands of criminals . . .
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.