1. "Obama Stimulus…More Expensive Than Entire Iraq War" And many Democrats think the problem was that we didn't spend enough stimulus money.
Representative Sample: In 2007 and 2008, the deficit as a percentage of gross domestic product was 1.2 percent and 3.2 percent, respectively. It was 9.9% in 2009, and will be 9.1% this year.
2. "A list of foreign Mosques being funded by US Taxpayers (with cost details)" We've apparently got money to burn.
Representative Sample: It’s not exclusively mosques that are being funded, but the great question remains, in this time of economic turmoil with so much debt and deficits, why are we wasting US taxpayer dollars on “cultural funding projects” overseas? Particularly those places which may be supporting Islamic extremism against Americans.
3. "Judge them by their actions" Good points. What scriptures say is less important than how religious people behave.
Representative Sample: In a classic Jeffersonian mode we shouldn’t care much about the nature of the beliefs of organized superstition, rather, we should focus on the material consequences.
4. "Think Again: Offshore Drilling" Evaluating commonly held views on offshore drilling and oil in general.
Representative Sample: President Obama told residents of the gulf states this weekend that he feels their pain. But the best way to help the gulf would be to let his ill-advised drilling moratorium expire early.
5. "What Do You Call an IED with Fins? A SAM …" A military flying car?
Representative Sample: Our friends at Popular Mechanics are reporting that “DARPA has selected two companies to proceed with the next stage of its Transformer, a fully automated four-person vehicle that can drive like a car and then take off and fly like an aircraft to avoid roadside bombs.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.