If you must worship something, why not consider the sun? Here are ten reasons sun worship makes more sense than most religions.
1. The sun sustains all life on earth. If it goes away, or dies, we all die too. And this is an actual fact, not an assertion.
2. We can feel its power. I mean actually feel it, not just imagine it.
3. It's visible in the sky. Unlike the vast majority of other gods, The sun is not invisible. You can see it from anywhere on earth at the right times.
4. The sun is vast and powerful almost beyond human comprehension, much like other gods. But unlike other gods, its power, size and other attributes are subject to scientific analysis.
5. We don't need a sacred book to tell us about the sun. It can be observed and studied without having to make stuff up.
6. We don't need prophets or revelations to tell us when the sun will be coming back, or when its great plan will unfold. The sun isn't away, or in hiding, or biding its time. It's always there.
7. The sun doesn't have the whole universe to worry about, just our system. We live in its solar system, and to the best of our knowledge we are the only sentient lifeforms under its rule. It's a much more personal god than ones that have to rule entire universes, other dimensions, untold possible alien lifeforms, and so forth.
8. Praying to the sun works just as well as praying to any other god.
9. If you worship the sun, you don't need to believe a whole bunch of additional nonsense, assorted rules, and outright lies.
10. The sun is real, not imaginary.