1. "Getting Monkeys High: The Stimulus Bill’s Greatest Hits"" Our government in action.
Representative Sample: Senators Tom Coburn and John McCain today released a 55 page report in which they lay out the details of 100 of the most “interesting” expenditures at a cost of $7 billion.
2. "Liberals Ignore the Facts" A must-read from a former liberal.
Representative Sample: Over the years, I watched as liberals slowly became the group most likely to flat-out refuse discussing certain topics and answering certain questions, their purportedly “open” minds snapping shut like a giant clam. They became the group most likely to try and silence their opponents by shouting them down, defaming them, assaulting them, and even urging legislation to ban the use and expression of certain terms and sentiments. They became the group most disposed toward emotional appeals, double standards, wishful thinking, and wretchedly malodorous sanctimony.
3. "Occam’s Razor: Part 1 of Our Critical Thinking Toolkit" A razor that slices through many things, especially conspiracy-theory thinking & religious beliefs.
Representative Sample: A quote by Carl Sagan is appropriate here: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. When it comes to the supernatural, Occam’s Razor is a very valuable tool indeed.
4. "The Typical Drive Of A Chevy Volt" Funny but probably pretty accurate.
Representative Sample: It's a graphic.
5. "Russia’s Defense Spending To Rise By 60% By 2013" A major Russian military build-up?
Representative Sample: The construction of advanced submarines, including Yasen and Borei class subs, and Bulava ballistic missiles, as well as the construction of three new Talwar class frigates, three Improved Kilo class subs and other vessels for the Russian Black Sea Fleet are likely to require the largest part of the planned spending, Makiyenko said.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.