1. "Sri Lanka is beating the Tigers through military force, not negotiation." A recent example to keep in mind the next time some clown says insurgencies can't be defeated.
Representative Sample: For all those who argue that there’s no military solution for terrorism, we have two words: Sri Lanka.
2. "But in Theory..." Did waterboarding and other borderline techniques produce good intelligence? Opponents say no. This post examines their theory.
Representative Sample: physical observation appears to indicate that waterboarding, the putative "torture," in fact yielded reliable and even vital intelligence; but appearances can be deceiving. Theory proves this cannot be, so logic dictates we must throw out the observations as obviously flawed.
3. "Clausewitz, On War, Book I: War is a Buffet. Eat Up."A look at Clausewitz that's a lot more interesting that just reading On War by itself.
4. "Soldier receives Aussie's first VC in 40 years" Only the 97th Australian to ever receive it, an elite group.
Representative Sample: awarded the top military honor in the British Commonwealth on Friday for risking his life to save a wounded interpreter and injured soldiers during an ambush in Afghanistan.
5. "Five Days Left, But the Hate Continues" Yes, you'd think Bush was getting ready for a third term.Representative Sample: You've got to wonder when the left is going to give up its addiction to Bush hatred, and how they're going to cope with the fact that his presidency is over.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.