1. "Economists Say Stimulus Has No Bang" Interesting pictures make this different than the typical economic article.
Representative Sample: the truth is that all this Keynesian theory stuff had been pretty much discredited by economists until its resurrection by Democratic politicians in the last six months.
2. "Beware of urgent pragmatists" The downside of pragmatism.
Representative Sample: What's "true" will now be judged by the helpfulness of an action, yet time, cause and effect will conveniently be pushed aside in the rush to be helpful.
3. "Obameter" A way to keep track of the endless promises and assertions of politicians.
4. "The ‘F’ Word" That would be freedom. It has certain risks involved.
Representative Sample: One of the major drawbacks of political correctness is its multitude of contradictions. Because it is based on state-sponsored authoritarianism rather than dispassionate reason
5. "Germany Tells Obama to Slow Down" Pot vs Kettle?
Representative Sample:A ngela Merkel, has warned Obama against protectionism. She says that giving bailout money to the auto industry was not a good idea
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.