1. "The Judge Who Gave Us Gitmo" An interesting look at one of our more famous legal minds.
Representative Sample: we should take a moment to consider how we stepped into the constitutional anomaly that created Gitmo.
2. "Limiting Free Speech (13): Chilling Effects; Indirect, Covert and Non-Governmental Limits on Freedom of Speech" The many ways in which free speech can be restricted.
Representative Sample: limitations are initiated by governments and usually imposed through force and/or law. There are, however, other types of limitations, taking place in a less obvious manner
3. "Obama's Team Stumbling into Afghanistan Trap" Is rushing more troops into Afghanistan really a good idea?
4. "Those Urban Idiots Again" Making fun of "free-range" advocates and those who take them seriously.
Representative Sample: Happy? They’re chickens. Chickens have the intellectual power of an acorn.
5. "The Four Boxes of Freedom and a Goodbye" Wow, I thought I had a pretty cynical viewpoint on things. This writer's doom-laden outlook makes me look like a utopian dreamer.
Representative Sample: The media is so deeply infatuated with Obama, they imagine that Muslims must be, too
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.