1. "Why DADT Has to Go" I'm glad to see voices on the right speaking out supporting the repeal of DADT.
Representative Sample: One way or another, DADT is gone, whether by act of Congress, presidential stop-loss order, or judicial fiat.
2. "The 10 Worst Predictions for 2010" Some pretty bad guesses.
Representative Sample: "More people are going to be put to work this summer." -Vice President Joe Biden, White House briefing, June 17, 2010
3. "Apparently, we don’t understand faith" Debunking another popular religious attack on atheism.
Representative Sample: It seems like every other day I have to read some theist’s article about how atheists are either 1) way too mean, 2) clueless about religion, and 3) completely dogmatic about their non-belief.
4. "Ok, Liberals: are There Any Limits on Taxation?" The implications of an unlimited power to tax.
Representative Sample: If the government’s power to tax is unlimited, then we can tax out of existence anything we like and, of course, tax subsidize in to existence anything we prefer.
5. "Racial Mapping the U.S." Just in case you were wondering about the racial make-up of your area.
Representative Sample: The New York Times has a tool that provides a racial breakdown map of your community. Just put in your zip code.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.