1. "The Poisoned Fruits of Appeasement Come Home to Roost" Appeasement breeds aggression. How many times does it need to be demonstrated?
Representative Sample: Israel has already learned the lesson that the more land it withdrew from and the more concessions offered, the more militant, confident, and intransigent the other side became. That's why nowadays those demanding even more concessions--if there is some real cost or risk involved--are going to be ignored if at all possible.
2. "After DADT: Military Still in Left’s Crosshairs" The downside of the DADT repeal: calls for enforced political correctness to silence those who disagree.
Representative Sample: This is the consequence of liberal thinking on “progressive issues”: those who continue to contest, or even question, the progressive view of things will be expelled from government.
3. "Recording the Police" Something that should be legal.
Representative Sample: Being able to record the police is one of the best ways to ensure that the police are held accountable for their actions.
4. "What Happens at an Exorcism and Why It Should Worry Us" Another form of abuse, this time disguised as help.
Representative Sample: how much training does it take in order to become ‘proficient’ in bullying, manipulating, and terrifying and further brainwashing an already troubled individual into first believing that their troubles are due to a demonic possession and secondly that their lifestyle had allowed the possession to occur in the first place.
5. "Don’t Expect Soda Tax to Curb Obesity" No kidding. Nanny-state taxation does little other than raise prices. But that won't stop people who love raising taxes from advocating more.
Representative Sample: Such taxes have been proposed as a means to induce healthier consumption, and to cut down on costly related diseases like diabetes in the process. But the new study, published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, suggests it’s actually the middle class that would shift behavior the most, picking up only a modest health benefit.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.