1. "The WikiLeaks Challenge" Excellent points.
Representative Sample: THE MOST important question that arises from the entire WikiLeaks disaster is why the US refuses to defend itself and its interests. What is wrong with Washington? Why is it allowing WikiLeaks to destroy its international reputation, credibility and ability to conduct international relations and military operations?
2. "Net job impact of stimulus zero, from SF Federal Reserve study" Even using imaginary numbers, it didn't help.
Representative Sample: Taken at face value, this would suggest that the stimulus program (with an overall cost of $814 billion) worked only to generate temporary jobs at a cost of over $400,000 per worker. Even if the stimulus had in fact generated this level of employment as a durable outcome, it would still have been an extremely expensive way to generate employment.
3. "On saying no to the burqa" Even just calling for people to reject it leads to cries of "islamophobia" in Australia.
Representative Sample: once again we see "Islamophobia" used as a stick to try to deny people freedom of speech. It's appalling, though not unexpected..
4. "Knife Rights Go Big Time?" Getting rid of ludicrous, archaic knife laws is long overdue.
Representative Sample: If gun control is ridiculous, knife control is ten times so, because most people have more dangerous knives in their kitchen drawer than knives that are typically banned or restricted.
5. "But, I'm no bigot!" Turnabout.
Representative Sample: Instead of discussing the rights of gay people let me discuss the rights of born-again Christians, fundamentalists, or whatever other label you may use for them. Allow me to use their typical arguments.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.