1. "Santa Lives!" Santa apologetics.
Representative Sample: Nonbelievers insist that that makes two more persons, so really Santa is five persons in one, and they mock us for our irrationality and inability to do basic math. But they are the ignorant ones. For clearly according to Scripture (Christmas Carol 9:21, 18:11, and 24:8) the three Ghosts are really temporally santificated incarnations of one and the same Ghost, and thus they, too, are three persons in One Being, and thus are One, and thus Santa is three persons in One, not five. Obviously.
2. "The citizen armies of America" And that's not even counting all of us who have guns and don't hunt.
Representative Sample: Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world – more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined – deployed to the woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace at bay.
3. "Hypothetical Holidays: An Imaginary Gift List" Gifts for world leaders.
Representative Sample: For Barack Obama. A copy of Machiavelli's The Prince.
4. "Bring on the Draconian cuts" If only we'd actually get some.
Representative Sample: The higher education bubble is America’s current economic boondoggle and, I guarantee you, it is going to bring great pain if it is allowed to grow until it bursts. It needs to be deflated now.
5. "Three Cheers for Holiday Lighting! (“let it glow, let it glow, let it glow”)" Celebrate the benefits of energy use.
Representative Sample: Energy consumption is good—no, make that wonderful–for comfort, convenience, cheer, and even celebration. May one and all in good conscience enliven this holiday season with lights aplenty.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.