1. "About That Old Conventional Wisdom" A rare positive outlook on the war in Afghanistan.
Representative Sample: war is organized violence. Force is ineffective when it has no real strategy behind it. That is just violence and better described as a spasm of violence rather than a use of force. Lately, our enemies have been far more guilty of pointless violence.
2. "Atheism and Leibniz" Something to think about.
Representative Sample: Aquinas’s Third Way and Leibniz’s Sufficient Reason Argument are much deeper arguments. Theists and atheists both ought to study them carefully. Leibniz’s Sufficient Reason Argument is especially interesting.
3. "Study: Conservative Candidates Are Better Looking" A good response to the liberal spin about this recent study.
Representative Sample: Those in the Party of Government prosper by networking with bureaucrats and essentially winning a secret poll of insiders with a vested interest in seeing the Party of Government prosper-- that is, the Party of Government chooses its nominees based less on public acclaim and more in insider-agreements, with unions and bureaucrats, which are never made public.
4. "Truth vs. truth" I recently linked an earlier post in this series. This one expands on it.
Representative Sample: This post combines my two posts: a) Types of Truth and b) Owning Truth. Hopefully this page illustrates the usefulness of breaking down the abstraction of Truth with a capital “T” ( “cap-T Truth”) into various domains of “small-t truths”. Identifying small-t truths is especially useful during a discussion where a person refers to some mystical overarching cap-T Truth.
5. "An Alternative to Coexisting?" I like it.
Representative Sample: It's a graphic.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.