1. "Libya is not Rwanda" Debunking the overblown rhetoric of Obama and Libyan intervention supporters.
Representative Sample: Libya is not Rwanda. Rwanda was genocide. Libya is a civil war. The Rwandan genocide was a premeditated, orchestrated campaign. The Libyan civil war is a sudden, unplanned outburst of fighting.
2. "Obama’s Energy Plan" It that's what you want to call it.
Representative Sample: This isn’t an energy policy. It’s a pack of lies, political posturing, payoffs for allies and disdain for everyday Americans. In short, it’s just more of the same.
3. "Libya: Are there "good" civilians and "bad" civilians?" The idea that we are in Libya to protect civilians gets sillier every day.
Representative Sample: one has to assume that the critical nature of ensuring Libyan civilians aren’t harmed is much more of a concern in Benghazi than in Tripoli.
4. "Latin America’s Friends of Tyranny Club" Remember Obama's nonsense about how the "international community" had to intervene in Libya? What about these members of the so-called community?
Representative Sample: Latin America’s club of tyranny is rallying to defend the legitimacy of a tyrant. Its aim is foremost to impugn international intervention in Libya and build a counter-coalition in defense of Qadhafi. It rejects Western humanitarian rationales and claims to see only the naked force and greed of colonial/imperial powers.
5. "Only 14, Bangladeshi girl charged with adultery was lashed to death" Why many people have negative views of Islam and Muslims, reason #9078376868.
Representative Sample: Her fellow villagers in Bangladesh’s Shariatpur district had already passed harsh judgment on her. Guilty, they said, of having an affair with a married man. The imam from the local mosque ordered the fatwa, or religious ruling, and the punishment: 101 lashes delivered swiftly, deliberately in public.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.