1. "44 Great Presidential Quotes" From Washington to Obama.
Representative Sample: "Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
2. "The U.S. Surveillance State: Big Brother on Steroids" Evidence for my frequent contention that a right to privacy is non-existent.
Representative Sample: All of this neat new technology joins systems also being rolled out across the country that link almost all public and private surveillance cameras to a centralized, government surveillance center, neatly being tied into vast databases of unspecified “public records” at Real Time Crime Centers (RTCC).
3. "Everything That's Wrong with the Partisan Media in a Nuthouse" I saw the AP story in question and had a similar reaction. I meant to write about it but forgot. Fortunately someone else took up the slack.
Representative Sample: To a certain extent, we all remember things not the way they happened, but they way they ought to have happened; yet liberals, socialists, and Progressivists drag this ordinary human failing down to unexplored depths of mental degradation.
4. "Evacuating My Soul" Interesting post on the idea of the soul from an atheist perspective.
Representative Sample: The concept of a soul is one of the most persistent ideas throughout the history of religion and mythology, and it continues today as both a safety blanket and cattle prod for believers of all types. A soul is such a fundamental concept that it is easy for even atheists to find themselves thinking in terms of its existence.
5. "39 Days: What's in America's Strategic Oil Reserve" Not that much, and certainly not enough to do anything about gas prices for long.
Representative Sample: It's a graphic.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.