1. "Nukes On and Under the Table" Nuclear weapons policy and U.S. interests.
Representative Sample: Regarding some of President Obama’s recent foreign policy moves, I have on several occasions thought and written here on GPP, ‘what’s in it for us?’, or ‘How does this concretely help either side?’
2. "Atheism…Ten Advantages!" A list of ten benefits of being an atheist.
Representative Sample: 2. As an atheist you are no longer obligated to say “God bless you” to someone who sneezes.
3. "The right, culture war and white flags" Has the tide irrevocably turned against cultural conservatism?Representative Sample: I have no illusions that the far-right rump of the GOP has surrendered any cultural ground. If anything they’ve retrenched into positions that further marginalize their impact on both culture and politics.
4. "Why Is Hillary Laughing?" Five reasons explaining Hillary's sudden laugh in an recent interview about Somali piracy.
Representative Sample: 1) Nervous laughter because she suddenly realized she would be reprimanded for saying “piracy” instead of using a slight variation of the Administration’s preferred term, “Man-caused seafaring disaster.”
5. "The Thing That Made the Things for Which There is No Known Maker"Amusing video.
Representative Sample: It's a video.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.