1. "A Vacuum of Will" Why is the world impotent against piracy?
Representative Sample: those who must fight and apprehend pirates understand that they will face far harsher judgment, with far less presumption of innocence, than will the pirates. Why should they risk their reputations, careers, freedoms and lives just to uphold the law when they know their most likely reward will be a knife in the back?
2. "Green Job Destruction: The Spain Study (Netting to negative via government)" How green jobs cause overall job losses.
Representative Sample: simple economic theory suggests that the government’s push to create “green jobs” will ultimately kill more jobs on net.
3. "History: The Q Ship, and How They Could Be Used To Battle Pirates" An excellent idea.Representative Sample: Q-ships, also known as Q-boats, Decoy Vessels, Special Service Ships or Mystery Ships, were heavily armed merchant ships with concealed weaponry
4. "MIT Scientists Build Virus-Powered Batteries for Your Next Electric Car" Amazing battery technology.
Representative Sample: the batteries are cheap to manufacture, don't require harmful solvents, and contain non-toxic materials. And while the prototype looks like a typical coin cell battery, the technology allows for lightweight, flexible batteries that take the shape of their container.
5. "Obama To Apologise To Somali Pirates" This theme is all over the place, but this is one of the better posts.
Representative Sample:The administration will propose that Congress enact the federal mariners act which will levy a 15% federal surtax on all marine purchases including boats, motors etc. to fund the Somalian Piracy Fund
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.