1. "The Death Penalty Up Close and Personal" Some good observations.
Representative Sample: There is no one, universal rule that applies to the death penalty. Each case is unique, absolutely idiosyncratic, a law unto itself.
2. "Piracy In The Age Of Obama" Another call to stop messing around with pirates.
Representative Sample: Just a thought. It may sound a little too 18th century, but that is more or less the century in which Somalia dwells, on a good day. Decades of violent anarchy has left Somalia with little respect for anything but rule of arms.
3. "Quote Of The Day" A great Reagan quote that applies now more than ever.Representative Sample: Ronald Reagan obviously proved that the Democrat modus operandi is timeless.
4. "It pays to compare: Comparison helps children grasp math concepts" My own sample size of 1 child indicates that it causes confusion instead.
Representative Sample: Comparing different ways of solving math problems is a great way to help middle schoolers learn new math concepts, researchers from Vanderbilt and Harvard universities have found.
5. "Self-Induced Demise of the American Superpower" Links to an interesting article.
Representative Sample: Whether they are aggressors like Russia, proliferators like North Korea, terror exporters like nuclear-armed Pakistan or would-be genocidal-terror-supporting nuclear states like Iran, today, under the new administration, none of them has any reason to fear Washington.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.