1. "Unrealpolitik on Iran" A look at Roger Cohen's (better known as Iran's useful idiot at the NYT) latest.
Representative Sample: Unfortunately for Cohen, Michael Rubin has a column in today’s Wall Street Journal, reciting the failure of European engagement with Iran and quoting Iranian officials publicly admitting that their diplomatic efforts are an insincere ruse
2. "Let's not be too jolly, Roger...." A useful bit of perspective on the big picture.
Representative Sample: If the Somali pirates were a serious threat to our economy, to world trade, or to anybody's national security, we wouldn't have been buying them off for the past year and we would be taking much more serious action against them.
3. "Unintended Consequences of Social Engineering" Our government in action.Representative Sample: According to The Nation, the U.S. Government is going to give $8 billion this year to the nation’s 10 largest paper companies. The reason is an odd bit of green legislation
4. "“And that lone star’s been a shinin’ down on Texas ever since October 23, 4004 B.C!”" The Texas Board of Education in action.
Representative Sample: One of the worst problems with government schools is the one-size-fits-all nature of the standard curriculum, a curriculum that is more often than not influenced by ideological disputes waged politically by people who are, to put it mildly, often ill qualified to foist those opinions off on children.
5. "Egotistical deer think they are always making your day" I haven't linked this site in awhile. It's time to link it again. (Blog name is NSFW).
Representative Sample: Deer always like to take time out of their busy days roaming the forest and eating leaves to come into a clearing so onlookers can get a glance of them.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.