1. "Remember 9/11" Unfortunately it will take another major attack to wake up some people.
Representative Sample: It is very important that, as we watch past mistakes being repeated by the Obama administration, we don’t forget that it was the evisceration of our intelligence agencies that started in the 70’s that led to the lack of actionable information and left us more vulnerable to the 9/11 attack.
2. "Military Developing Shrinking, Shape-Changing, Insectoid Micro-Spybots" Some amazing technology.
Representative Sample: SquishBot is a program to develop a new class of soft, shape-changing robot. The goal is to design systems that can transform themselves from hard to soft and from soft to hard, upon command.
3. "I'm glad they tortured him" An L.A. resident who is glad there was no attack on his city.
Representative Sample: Some starry-eyed do-gooder will whine that torture is immoral, that it lowers us to the enemy's level. Or maybe some sanctimonious prat will sniff and remind us that torture is against international law. To both of them I say "pull your heads out of your backsides and join the real world."
4. "On a somewhat different note, here is a post about Japan!" What is Japan up to these days?
Representative Sample: The New York Times’ has two really good articles on related aspects of the Japanese government’s attempt to remedy unemployment stemming from the global economic downturn.
5. "I'd Rather Be Water Boarding" Good title.
Representative Sample: when I read about the things that the defeatist left is expecting us to recoil from in horror, I find myself shaking my head in utter astonishment. When I see our intelligence and counter terrorism units being forced into battle with wooden swords and gentleman's rules of engagement, I see defeat on the horizon. Moral indignation is being used as a weapon of war.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.