1. "Exclusive Q&A with an ex-Mossad expert on Iran" Very interesting.
Representative Sample: Despite the fierce rhetoric and propaganda spread by Iran and its leader Ahmadinejad, the Iranian regime is weak and has lost its legitimacy among the Iranian people. Ever since the US has invaded Iraq the regime lives in fear that the USA will invade Iran and throw the Islamic regime from power. Iranian leaders truly believe that if Iraq had nuclear weapons the USA would not have invaded it. In their view, a nuclear bomb serves as an insurance policy
2. "Learning the Wrong Lessons from Iraq" I don't agree with all of this, but it's a thoughtful critique of Obama's speech.
Representative Sample: Obama makes it sound as if war is something that we and our allies (be they Iraqi or Afghan) can turn on or off — start, continue or end — at will. But that’s simply not true. The enemy gets a vote. In truth, what the president didn’t say, but which needs to be said, is this: Wars can only be ended by winning or losing them; and the United States intends to win.
3. "In Search of Moderation" Links and comments on a good discussion regarding moderation and Islam.
Representative Sample: Akbar Ahmed provides us a useful categorization scheme between the mystics, modernists and literalists. The good news is that it’s only the latter category that wants to kill whomever they cannot convince. It’s an interesting read by some deep thinkers.
4. "Obama will now concentrate on the economy" Another reason to vote Republican. We need someone to limit the damage.
Representative Sample: Mr. President, concentrate on golf, on your next vacation, on basketball, on cycling, on your image, on keeping Biden fom saying something stupid, but, please, don't concentrate on the economy and jobs.
5. "Filed Under, "What If Bush Did This?" " The screaming would be deafening.
Representative Sample: Thought experiment, folks. What would the reaction be from the media and leftist agitator groups if the Bush Administration were buying thousands of copies of C.S. Lewis’s Mere Christianity and distributing them overseas?
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.