1. "Ten Questions You're Not Supposed to Ask About Islam" But which need to be asked repeatedly.
Representative Sample: When you refuse to talk about important topics because they make people uncomfortable, animus, distrust, and anxiety inevitably spread. On the other hand, when you have an open and honest dialogue about the real issues people debate privately, you can build comfort and trust and start to reach solutions that would never be possible in an environment where people are attacked and demonized simply for asking basic questions that most people have, but are afraid to speak out about.
2. "Violent crime continues to plummet as gun ownership skyrockets" Because unlike what gun-haters believe, guns are merely tools.
Representative Sample: This all occurred in the same year that Americans purchased 14 million firearms—more than the combined active armies of the top 21 countries in the world. We also purchased an estimated 14+ billion rounds of ammunition during that same time period.
3. "Will the GOP make the right play or take their ball and go home?" I'm not a tea party candidate supporter. But the GOP leadership needs to get behind the candidates that its members elect, whether they like them or not.
Representative Sample: If the Republican Party wants folks to believe that what they want from the Party matters to the Party, they need to now get behind the choice of the people of the Party.
4. "Supreme Injustice" The idiocy of Justice Stephen Breyer.
Representative Sample: we had as proponents such high-ranking figures as General David Petraeus, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and President Obama all saying "forget about your Constitutional rights; it's more important that you not piss off the crazy dangerous people." At that point, you'd find yourself saying "well, it couldn't get any worse. Yes, it could.
5. "Must Read: How Gov’t Unions Are Stealing From You and Your Kids" Links to a good article.
Representative Sample: This is a great piece that details financial folly of governments allowing their employees (teachers, cops, firemen, transit workers, bureaucrats, administrators, etc, etc, etc) to unionize, apparently to protect them from their oppressive bosses in…government?
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.