1. "Obama: Bush on steroids?" A good debunking of the terrorist rights whining about al-Awalki.
Representative Sample: Anwar al-Awlaki, sure wouldn’t want you to call him an American. He’s a Jihadist, a holy warrior figting on the side of Allah. His citizenship is Islam and like the rest of his kind declared war on the rest of us long ago. Why not give him one?
2. "In Islam, a man beats his wife to honor her" One of the many reasons people rightly have a negative view of Islam.
Representative Sample: there must not be more than ten beatings, and he must not break her bones, injure her, break her teeth, or poke her in the eye. There is a beating etiquette. If he beats to discipline her, he must not raise his hand high. He must beat her from chest level. All these things honor the woman.
3. "Who Are the Realists and Who Are the Ideologues?" When ideology lines up with reality.
Representative Sample: Two principles often labeled as “right wing ideology” are that as a society we are better off with limited government and individual freedom and that as individuals we are better off being married. Is this wishful thinking of ideologues or is this reality?
4. "Moderate Republicans and the Ratchet Effect" There's some truth to this.
Representative Sample: Why are liberals so unhappy to see “moderate Republicans” drummed out of the party? That’s simple: it’s because liberals have out-maneuvered such Republicans for decades. Moderate Republicans “compromise” in incremental steps toward liberal policies, while the liberals depict any “compromise” as being akin to genocide. Faced with such charges, moderate Republicans quickly surrender. This is particularly true in environmental policy
5. "Skeptics Who Try To Refute The Supernatural In The Bibles Crack Me Up" Why try to figure out how natural causes might have parted the Red Sea when there is no evidence the Exodus ever happened?
Representative Sample: figuring out how Moses got the Sea to part is exactly the same as trying to figure out how the Cat spoke in The Cat In The Hat.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.