1. "The Curious Logic of Our Governing Elites" With many examples.
Representative Sample: George Orwell said, "There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them." What follows is my beginning of a list of ideas that some very intelligent people seem to believe.
2. "Sanctimonious Bigots' – Leftist Professors and Double Standards" If you know anything about the left, this is not one bit surprising.
Representative Sample: After Dr. Fred Gottheil found an anti-Israel petition signed by "900 Academics" he decided to conduct a similar project: launching a " Statement of Concern," an academic petition "expressing concern about human rights violations in the Muslim Middle East, such as honor killing, wife-beating, female genital mutilation, and violence against gays and lesbians ..." Professor Gottheil, who teaches economics at the University of Illinois, was completely ignored.
3. "JUST SAYING..." Excellent graphic.
Representative Sample: It's a graphic.
4. "Jimmy Carter ‘Superior’ To Other Presidents" If you needed another reason to dislike Jimmy Carter. Although it is pretty impressive to be arguably both the worst president & worst ex-president.
Representative Sample: The obvious question to be asked when hearing that Jimmy Carter thinks his role is “superior” to that of other presidents is “What the heck is wrong with Jimmy Carter?” The obvious answer is the man is nuts. But I think it goes a little deeper than that.
5. "Rushdie Rules" Reach Florida" Belated but good post.
Representative Sample: If the Rushdie Rules initially shocked the West, they since have become the new norm. When Islam is the subject, freedom of speech is but a pre-1989 memory. Writers, artists, and editors readily acknowledge that criticizing Islam can endanger their lives.
To submit a blog post for HOT5 Daily, please e-mail me at unrright@NOSPAMgmail.com. Put HOT5 in the subject.